Fairytale News | A new beginning.


Hello hello!

It has been while since I really sat down to write a blog post for my blog. I've been typing down many reviews, which I posted mainly on Goodreads, but my passion for blogging was gone for a long time. I talked about feeling uninspired in March and how a lot of it had to do with feeling disconnected from the community. This feeling is starting to get better. I have taken a step back from Twitter, but I have started to spend more time visiting other blogs and reading their posts.

I decided to spice things up by getting a new design, which was also necessarily after the shut down of Photobucket. I don't know if you've noticed it, but for a couple of days my blog design had notifications that 'this image is no longer available.' I still feel a lot of love for my old design and how it was completely me, but sometimes change is a good thing too.

I bought my design on Etsy, from the webshop BloggerTemplate. It is such an affordable design that I can customize to my own taste. I'm still playing around with all the features, but for now I have settled down on this look and I love it! It is simple and I could use one of my favorite colors, so I'm a happy blogger. I'm currently working on making new headers - this here is one of them! All the others you currently see are place holders until I have designed something better.

I have to admit that the excitement I felt in the beginning, around the time I started my blog, still hasn't returned completely, but I feel motivated again. I have a few ideas for blog posts, so perhaps my inspiration is slowly returning.

I can't promise that I will post more regularly like I used to, but I think I might be able to post more. We will see! But for now, I at least feel the need to sit down to write a post every now and then.


13 comments

  1. Your new design looks beautiful! I look forward to your new posts ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea something happened with Photobucket. I use to save all my photos on that site (which, looking back, was probably a really bad idea!) I'm glad it led you to redesign though — often times a redesign for me motivates me to blog more! Excited to hear from you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your new design and i've been missing you a lot! So glad to see you're back. SEnding you a big hug from Colombia! <33 ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new design is awesome! It is hard to get back into blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back, Mel! I had the same issue with Photobucket---terrible what they did to everyone! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new design looks absolutely amazing! :))

    And I know what you're going through. I just decided to come back to blogging, too and posted my "coming-back-post" two days ago. I hope you'll find your motivation fully again or that you work something out so that you're still happy! :))

    Wish you a great new start :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new design! Your header is beautiful!

    I hope your motivation comes back, I can completely understand with that. I've been a hit and miss all year long with blogging. Life gets so busy and blogging becomes lost in it all.

    Good luck :)

    Jordon @ Simply Adrift

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs. <3 I miss you Mel. And I'm so so happy you are starting to want to blog a bit more lately :) Yesss. I hope you'll blog a bunch; that you'll feel like it :D I love reading your blog posts. And ahh, your new design is SO PRETTY :D Eee. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new layout! I must admit I don't really remember visiting your blog much, but I look forward to reading some blog posts from you soon! :)

    Cass @ Words on Paper

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful design. I hope that you find a spark and love for blogging again. I enjoy your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your new design. It's so refreshing and pretty and will hopefully help you get back into blogging. Sometimes a new look can really inspire you. I know blogging is something you can't always have enthusiasm for there are plenty of other things happening in people's lives but hopefully taking a step back will have helped you figure out what you want to get out of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your new design! I hope you'll soon feel just as excited about blogging as when you first started, but it's a good thing that you're already motivated again! A while back I kind of lost my love for it as well, then slowly my motivation returned and now I'm back in love :) Hopefully it will go like that for you as well <3 Can't wait to see your new headers and such and what new posts you've got coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mel! Your new design is stunning! I'm sure your love for blogging will come back. I was getting burnt out last year before I left for school, but after almost nine months without it, I was so excited and ready to return when I came home for the summer. I can't wait to see what you have in store! Your posts are always lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.